PREPARE FOR ADVENTURE
The hour is near. Make sure you’re prepared for Epic Nerd Camp.
A Message From Our Khampleesi
Note: This video has not been updated for 2019.
Before joining us in beautiful Darlington, Maryland, we want to make sure our campers are well-prepared for the journey ahead. Please, be sure to review our camp checklist to before you embark on this adventure. There are also a few items (like alcohol), which will not be available at camp, but you are welcome to bring.
Some changes from past years include the need to bring:
- Hand towels
- Hand soap
There is no cleaning crew at Ramblewood. We need to leave things as we found them, which means it is extra important to clean up after yourselves.
There’s a lot of things ENC will provide during your stay, like food, water, boffer swords, Nimbus 2000s, and so on. However, there are a few specialty items you may want to consider bringing…
- Inflatable Pool Floaties: I got a rainbow pegacorn that will hold six people. Other campers followed suit and I don’t know what’s going to happen, but with this many floaties, it’s going to be epic.
- Nerf Guns: Because reasons
- Mermaid Tail: We will have monofins for the mermaid swimming lessons. But, the pretty bathing suit parts are BYO, or available for rent from our amazing Mermaid instructor (they must be reserved in advance so she can order them.)
- Alcohol: For merriment.*Special note: no glass bottles outside on campgrounds. Liquor bottles can be kept in cabins and poured into plastic cups.*
- Protective Cup: For your nethers during fencing, or anytime you think you might get hit in the groin.
*Special note: smoking (including vaping) will only be allowed in the parking lot and behind the cafeteria*